Super League announces the detailed agenda of the 2nd International Conference "FootbALLabout", to be held on March 20-22 2014, at the Peace and Friendship Stadium.
The General Assembly of the European Professional Football Leagues (EPFL) and the "FootbAllAbout Sports Expo" Football Trade Show, featuring leading companies in sports apparel and clothing, will also be hosted at the same venue.
Representatives of the Super League, the Bundesliga, the French Ligue de Football Professionnel (LFP), the Spanish Liga de Fútbol Profesional (LFP), the Italian Football League (Lega Serie A), the Dutch Football League (Eredivisie CV) and other European Leagues, as well as officials of European clubs will – among others – attend the sessions of the "FootbAllAbout" Conference.
The detailed agenda is as follows:
Thursday, March 20, 2014
14:00 – 15:00 Registration
15:00 – 15:50 Opening Ceremony
16:00 – 17:50 The present and future of Football Leagues and competitions. Business strategies, organisation models and suggestions for sustainability and business growth in Football.
- Will describe the key factors, elements and concepts that must be the priorities for Leagues and competitions in order to be successful.
- Will explore new sources of revenues and specific ways to utilise the new opportunities presented in football, such as the development of new technologies, stadium exploitation, the increasing value of TV and internet rights, the development of football players and will analyse the products and services that will differentiate football in the competitive environment of sports industry.
- Will seek strategies of dealing with the risks of the financial sustainability of football such as the financial overextension of clubs, the increasing financial and competitive gap, the infringement of intellectual property rights, etc.
- Will seek strategies and possible methods of dealing with the risks of defamation of football worldwide, such as illegal betting, match fixing, violence, racism, discrimination, third party ownership, etc.
18:00 - 19:30 The role of Technology in Football. The present and future of digital Media and Marketing of football organisations.
- Will demonstrate examples, latest trends, developments and business opportunities linked to New Technologies, digital Media, digital applications and digital Marketing.
- Will discuss methods by which football could utilise new technologies – digital applications to its benefit on and out of the pitch.
- Will analyse preferences, habits, requirements and consumer behaviour and new methods to approach fans in the new digital era.
- Will review the role and utilisation methods of Social Media in how fans approach football organisations.
Friday, March 21, 2014
09:00 – 13:00 European Professional Football Leagues General Assembly (accredited members and representatives of EPFL only)
13:00 – 14:00 EPFL press conference
14:00 - 15:20 EU Sports Policy – Panel
- Will discuss issues the EC priorities in the field of Sport (Sport Projects, Expert Groups)
- Will examine the latest developments on sports betting (Council of Europe Convention, EC Studies, EC Recommendation))
- Will discuss the Sports Organisers’ Rights concept (EC Study, Possible future developments)
15:30 – 16:50 – Organisation & Development of Academies. Preparing the footballers of the next decade.
- Will explore recommended procedures for the production and development of new quality players.
- Will seek sports, personal and social values that must govern a development programme.
- Will present successful development models and the reasons for their success.
17:00 – 18:30 – Coaching young talents. Individual improvement and support for ages 12-18.
- Will present young players (12-18) improvement and support methods such as performance analysis, psychology improvement and use of technology on and off the pitch.
18:30 – 20:00 Utilising and Maintaining facilities and pitches
- Will explore effective methods for the commercial utilisation of sports facilities, with examples from Greece and abroad.
- Will discuss decisive factors in the sustainability of a football facility.
- Will analyse key parameters in making effective use of pitches, methods of protecting them in cases of multiple uses, types of turf, their advantages and disadvantages and the decisive factors in their maintenance.
Saturday, March 22, 2014
10:00 – 11:20 Research & Education – Integrated research and education processes by football organisations and clubs – Examples and applications.
- Will present some research and education programmes by football organisations and clubs.
- Will explore new trends and the future in the field of education of executives in football.
- Will analyse the role of using new technologies in research and education in professional football.
11:30 – 12:50 Social Responsibility Programmes in Football. A duty or a need?
- Will analyse the reasons for running Social Responsibility Programmes.
- Will delineate the needs served through Social Responsibility Programmes and the way to link them with football.
- Will explore the real social role of football at local and global scale.
- Will showcase Social Responsibility Programmes by Leagues and Clubs.
13:30 – 14:50 A successful football career. An issue of "talent" or "methodical work"? Footballers as modern professionals in football industry.
- Will analyse the decisive elements of success in the profession of footballer with the assistance of distinguished current and former international players that have played in Greece and abroad and other prominent professionals
- Will list specialised requirements that need to be met and critical points in the organisation and administration of clubs so that a player may be able to bring out his best performance.
- Will discuss focus points and obligations of footballers as modern professionals.
15:00 – 15:50 Workshop – Sports Diet
- Will discuss the key principles of a successful diet for professional football players.
- Will note the latest developments in specialised sports diet by scientists and professionals.
- Will review new practices and products used by distinguished athletes and sports clubs.
16:00 – 17:30 Workshop – "Integrity in football: Your club. Your career. Your responsibility!"
This workshop will showcase the results of the programme "Integrity in football: Your club. Your career. Your responsibility!" of Super League Greece and NGO "Transparency International Greece" in collaboration with the European Professional Football Leagues (EPFL), other European Football Leagues and European chapters of Transparency International, aiming at further advancing football integrity.
The event takes place with the financial support of the European Commission - Directorate General for Education and Culture.
You may see the agenda HERE
For further details, please send your e-mail to email@example.com
Kindly note that participation in the Conference is allowed only to officials of companies and football and sports clubs, representatives of institutional bodies, accredited Media representatives, as well as students in the field of sports, business administration, marketing and communication."FootbAllAbout Sports Expo" trade show is for football and sports professionals.
MEDIA ACCREDITATION PROCESS
Kindly fill in the Media accreditation form. Please note that access to the Conference will not be allowed to non-accredited media representatives.