"The important thing is not to reach the top, but to able to stay there" said defender Christos Pipinis of Asteras Tripolis during his interview posted at the official www.superleaguegreece.net website, and added: "That's what we are trying to do every day in Asteras, to remain at the top positions of the ranking list." The player of the Arcadian team thanks the fans of the club for their support and says: "I believe that here we have all the right conditions for a professional player to be able to focus only on his playing and give his best every day at the pitch."
Question by Sotiris Ziakos
Do you believe that Asteras will manage to finish in the positions leading to the play offs?
- I believe that yes. We have a very good roster and I believe that if we focus solely on the next match of the championship and be serious, at the end we will have a positive outcome.
Question by Panagiotis Konstantakis
There are many Greek players in the championship this year. Do you believe that it will be as good as the last ones in terms of quality?
- I believe that this year's Super League championship will be more competitive and much stronger. I believe that fans wish to see Greek footballers playing for their favourite teams.
Question by Dimitris Ikonomidis
What is your opinion on this year's team, and on its fans?
- We are better than last year, I believe we have a better roster and this will lead to more fans coming to the matches. Also, given this opportunity, I would like to publicly offer my gratitude to the fans of the club for their support to the team and me personally. From the first day I came to Tripolis, they all welcomed me warmly and kindly.
Question by Zaharenia Lionoudaki
Do you have any plans for your future? If yes, what are these?
- I only think of Asteras at the moment and I don't need to hide the fact that I want to stay for many years in Tripolis. I believe that here we have all the right conditions for a professional player to be able to focus only on his playing and give his best every day at the pitch.
Question by Giorgos Koudounas
You are playing at a position that by general consensus is rarely filled by Greek players. What do you think are the physical and technical characteristics that a footballer must have in order to play as the left-wing defender?
- I believe that in modern football, the left-wing defender must have a series of technical and physical characteristics as to be able to help his squad on both sides of the pitch. Speed is the utmost factor, then strength, then good defense perception and of course at the other end of the pitch, good offensive initiatives in order to be able to help his teammates.
Question by Galanis Balasis, Alexandros Blaras
Given also this year's participation in the European competitions, does Asteras Tripolis consider the participation in the following season European competitions among its targets?
- We certainly enjoyed our European adventure, we all shared very unique experiences and I believe that this is also among our targets this season.
Question by Dimitris Poulas
When you came to Asteras, did you believe that your career as a footballer would be this and that you, as a team, would play in the Europa League?
- I knew that I came to a very well organized club, that each year aims one step higher. Step by step and with a lot of work and effort, we managed to reach a high level. The important thing is not to reach the top, but to able to stay there. That's what we are trying to do every day in Asteras, to remain at the top positions of the ranking list.
Question by Petros Piladis
What is the secret of your success in your opinion?
- We have a very good atmosphere and being among the people of the clubs feels like family. Apart from that, our coach, Mr Sakis Tsiolis, and his team work systematically during training and, as I previously mentioned, in Asteras Tripolis the administration of the club provides the football with all the conditions as to be able to focus solely on football.
Your next match is against Panathinaikos at OAKA Stadium. How do you prepare for this match?
- We are taking it very seriously because Panathinaikos is a great club, with great history, fans and good football players.
What would be your advice to a young footballer?
- To be focused on his target, to love what he is doing and to not be disappointed by any difficulties he may face in his career.
What are your hobbies?
- Since the schedule of a professional footballer is quite hectic and demands a lot of things that the player must do in and out of the pitch, the only thing I can do in my spare time is to meet some good friends and enjoy a cup of coffee with them.
If you were not a footballer, what would you rather be?
- If that were the case, I believe that again I would be in sports but this time in another sport. I do not know the discipline, but I cannot imagine myself being away from sports.